In celebration of National Women's Day, YouTube launches a #DearMe campaign which urges women to give advice to their younger selves. While I don't make youtube videos, I felt strongly about this and thought I'd share my thoughts here instead.
1. Don't think life is just what it is. You're going to have amazing experiences far more than you can ever imagine. (I wouldn't never thought I'd move country so soon after graduation and get to see amazing places at a young age)
2. You will get hurt but you will learn how to endure and move on. (This still applies today but nonetheless, this is what I would have told my younger self)
3. Your parents will help you through no matter what the circumstances are. (My parents have supported me in all aspects when I first moved to Singapore at a tender age of 20 and it's something that I've always been grateful for.)
4. Believe that everything happens for a reason. (I used to not understand this but as I grow older I realize that it's true.)
5. Have more faith. It will help you get through the toughest times.